After graduating from Penn State, Princeton Seminary and Prairie Bible Institute, Earl F. Tygert (Brother Earl) founded Life Ministries, Inc. in 1938. The Lord’s International Faith Enterprise (“Life”) was established as a faith supported ministry with the express purpose of proclaiming and promoting the Word of God. Brother Earl and Mrs. Tygert ministered extensively in the Orient, spending a total of 18 years in Japan as well as preaching to missionaries in China and Korea.
In 1967 the Lord led the Tygert family back to the United States. In 1969 Life Ministries acquired the property at River Ridge, near Franklin, with the hopes that a Bible school, Christian day school, and a missionary and conference center might someday be established.
Christian Life Academy had the first meeting of inquiry during the late winter of 1974; and the school doors opened at Life Ministries’ (the “Castle”) on the River Ridge property the next September, with a modest six students. In the next four years the school grew to more than 120 students. God continues to keep His hand of blessing upon our school.
In 1991 the Lord enabled CLA to purchase the former Cranberry Area High School. This spacious facility was our home for more than twenty years. In 2010 CLA had the opportunity to relocate in a newer and more suitable facility, the former Pinoak School building. This facility and the beautiful 9.1 acre campus was purchase by CLA in the fall of 2012.